Hi there, and thanks for stopping by, my name is Megan. Born and bred in Sydney I now live in the New South Wales Hunter Valley, and this is my *virtual* happy place (mostly I hope!) where I can share the ups and downs, swings and roundabouts of my every day life. I hope this blog helps each person reading it in some way, no matter how small, to either feel less alone, to feel empowered, or to just have a good laugh.
I am a…..
Daughter – to a strong and stubborn woman, and a man who was my world until the day my world stopped
Friend – to some truly beautiful souls who have been a part of my story for anywhere between 28 years to only recently
Sister – to a fun-loving, stubborn brother whose back I have no matter what comes our way
Furkid mum – to Kayley (half of this blog’s namesake) my angelic senior Labrador, crazy Beagle Lara, and impossible feline’s Mittens and Mouse
Wife – to the luckiest man on Earth (right baby?!) who has ridden this crazy ride called life with me for over 7 years now through all the ups and downs
Actual Mum – to Parker Joel (born February 2016 and the other half of this blog’s namesake) who was sent to me by my Papa Bear in order to show me there was still light in the world. He is the shining light in every day, and my little QB1.
Are you a mum? Do you feel like you are a lot of things to a lot of people?
I enjoy, in no particular order…..
- Helping others (but not so much myself… that is common among females, am I right ladies? #mumlife
- Being surrounded by puppies
- Watching my son discover new things
- Good champagne
- Making people smile – in a happy way, not in ‘if I smile and back away I can make a run for it’ kind of way
- A great nail polish job
- Hot chips with chicken salt
- Watermelon juice (contradiction much?!)
- Learning about natural and wholistic practices
- Learning about the benefits of essential oils ( doTERRA Wellness Advocate in tha house!)
- Learning in general
- A nice cold beer on a hot day
- Watching documentaries
- Having my Labrador Kayley lay all over me – well she thinks I do anyway
- Looking after my little family
- My son, almost every minute of every day, because as kids go he is a pretty cruisey one
- A healthy dose of sport, with a completely biased preference for the Sydney Rooters in the NRL and the Sydney Swans in the AFL.
As you can see, there is likely to be something for almost anyone contained in the posts to follow. If not, then that’s okay… you deserve a medal for getting this far 🙂
What is one thing that you enjoy, that brings you total and utter joy? Comment below or feel free to come and find me on Instagram!